Passages from the lives of the best generations and of the heirs of the Prophets...
Shattering the myth: The Truth about Palestine
- It is often claimed that the nature of the conflict in Palestine is a very “complex issue”, that the Arabs and Palestinians are engaging in a “gross oversimplification” in order to win world sympathy, furthermore it is claimed that the Arabs are assisted in this nefarious plan by the ‘anti-Israeli’ press. It is claimed that Israel is a ‘peaceful state’ which is occasionally forced to employ force in order to ‘defend’ itself from ruthless terrorists. The west is believed to be ‘hypocritical’ if it dares to criticize Israel, because it would itself react in a similar manner if faced with such threats to its ‘security’. Israel is portrayed as the ‘only side which wants peace’ and as a righteous party caught in a difficult position....
Women of Paradise: The Black Woman
- The black woman is not even known by her name, or her exact whereabouts, rather she is known by her deeds, her faith, her modesty, her chastity, and for her being an inmate of Paradise. And, in the end, that is what matters most....
'Alî Abd-ur-Rahmân al-Hudhaifî
- Friday Sermon from the Prophet's Mosque in Madina, on 12th Muharram 1422AH:..The Prophet saws said: "Islam erases whatever was done before it, and Hijrah erases whatever was done before it."...
The Battle of Uhud: Victory - Not Defeat
'Abdul Muhsin Ibn Muhammad al-Qâsim
- Friday Sermon from the Prophet's Mosque in Madina, on 1st Rabee’uth-Thaanee 1422AH: The noble companions were by no means the best of this Ummah by virtue of their being the first to embrace Islam, but rather by virtue of their companionship and courage. They sacrificed their lives and bodies for this religion….
Is There a Parallel in Any Civilization?
Dr. Mustafa as-Siba'i
- Just imagine. An army conquers a city and enters it. The inhabitants of
that city complain to the victorious government and the judges of that
government decide the case against the victorious army, and order the
deportation, saying that they could not live there without the consent of
the people of that city. Can either the ancient or modern history of
mankind point out any war in which the fighting men kept themselves so
strictly bound by the moral code, and followed such lofty principles of
truth and justice, as demonstrated by the sons of our civilization?
Setting the Record Straight: The Miracle of Islamic Science
- Western civilization has made invaluable contributions to the development of the sciences. However, so have numerous other cultures. Unfortunately, Westerners have long been credited with discoveries made many centuries before by Islamic scholars. Thus, many of the basic sciences were invented by non-Europeans. For instance, George Sarton states that modern Western medicine did not originate from Europe and that it actually arose from the (Islamic) orient.
Reflecting over and Learning from Past Events
Sâlih bin Humayd
- Friday Sermon given at the Holy Mosque in Makkah, Shawwaal, 20, 1422: When one reflects over the crises that Islaam has underwent in its long history, one will find out that, regardless of the civilization, light, justice and fairness that nations and communities had enjoyed under the rule of Islaam, these crises had significantly weakened the Islaamic civilization in a way that has been a cause of joy for its enemies. However, these crises has its positive impacts. It has reawaken the Muslims, afforded them the opportunity to examine themselves and created in them stronger determination and hope....
Great Women of Islam
'Abdul Muhsin Ibn Muhammad al-Qâsim
- Dear brethren! Muslim women attain prosperity by following the path of the best women who lived in the best generation and got nurtured in the house of Prophethood. They are women of high status and outstanding estimation. [Medina Khutbah 26, Rabee‘uth-Thaanee 1426 (3, June 2005)]
- Friday Sermon given at the Holy Mosque in Makkah, August 23rd 2002: '...This comparison between the behaviour of Muslim armies and that of
non-believing armies confirmed the assertion of one of the greatest
historians of modern civilization, that human history had not seen
conquerors more compassionate than Muslims...'
History of Islâm in China
- According to the traditions of the Muslims of China,it was during the Caliphate of Uthman that Islâm was first brought to China. The leader of this delegation was Said Ibn Abi Waqqas, one of the noted Companions of the Prophet.
His party included fifteen persons who had travelled together by way of the Indian Ocean and the China Sea to the port city of Guangzhou in southeaster China, going overland from there to the capital city, Chang'an, where they paid their respects to the emperor.
DISCLAIMER: All material found on Islamic Network Websites is for information purposes only.
The views expressed on Islaam.Net or on linked sites are not necessarily shared by Islamic Network.